This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
Think twice before you judge a parent.
So after seeing this, I looked it up and found not only this video, but two others. All showing examples of someone’s observation of strong women. It was beautiful <3
"I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you."
"I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."
"You’re only given one little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it."
"She is not perfect. You are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other."
i dont even sleep anymore i just die for a couple hours each day
get to know me meme: [1/5] favourite relationships → Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez
"But most of all, I choose the person who inspires my heart - which is why I picked a school that’s exactly 32.7 miles from you."